Therapeutic Counselling encompasses therapy and developmental psychology which enables me to work with and support clients to develop skills to understand life better. Such skills are then internalised over time which helps life to be more manageable.
I am an experienced Registered Counsellor (MBACP) and I offer a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment to support our work. My background working as a lecturer and pastoral carer for over a decade informs my work as a Therapeutic Counsellor. I am able to bring my skills of heightened empathy, observational skills and counter-transference into the work, broadening the experience for the client. I strongly believe in the importance of the therapeutic relationship and its impact on our work.
My counselling approach is integrative because every one is unique, and every crisis is individual so, different theoretical approaches are used during our work for each crisis. That way, we work together towards your recovery. The integrative approach is designed to deepen the relationship with one's self, the client and life so has the potential to engage the client in all aspects of life to enrich the therapeutic process. Approaches used include Psychodynamic, Transpersonal, Transactional Analysis and Gestalt.
I offer medium to long term counselling. I am able to do short term work also. I am bound by the Codes of Practice of BACP, and the Data Protection Act and have undergone a CRB check.
How can Counselling help YOU?
- It helps clients recognise various issues affecting their development and helps them manage their lives better by overcoming negative issues
- It helps clients develop better communication skills thus improve confidence
- It provides clients with a safe and empathic environment to talk about their issues
MY areas of expertise include:
- Low self esteem/confidence
- Existential crisis
- Self harm & addictions
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Social withdrawal
- Confusing feelings at work or at home
- Trust issues
- Anxiety issues
- Peer pressure
- Feeling alone
- Problems with food
- Feelings of being unable to cope
- Abuse/bullying (physical or online)
- Academic difficulties